You can spend 10 or more years practicing law and have a good understanding of your area of practice and then you hit the military element. Suddenly you need to understand the how to locate and serve a servicemember, subpoena government documents, divide military retirement, file a claim for personal injury or damage to property or stay a case. These are nuances of military law that our section members deal with. This web site and our membership is your answer.
1. The Servicemember’s Civil Relief Act
2. The Federal Tort Claims Act
3. Subpoena documents from the government
4. Locate a servicemember
5. Virginia Military related laws
6. The Uniform Code of Military Justice
7. Armed Forced Disciplinary Control Board