There are hundreds of IP Web sites out there. These are the ones that the Webmasters have found to be most helpful.
The selection or content of these links does not reflect any endorsement or warranty of the Virginia State Bar, and the legal views expressed by these sites may not be accurate or address your specific legal needs. Caveat Surfer!
If you have any suggestions for other valuable IP links, please email them to our Webmaster, Matthew Osenga at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to be impartial, we will not post links to law firm Web sites.
*All of links below will take you away from this site.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
American Intellectual Property Law Association
One of the largest U.S. organizations of IP practitioners.
- Greater Richmond Intellectual Property Law Association
International Trademark Association
The site includes a more detailed explanation of trademark law, both U.S. law and common features of the trademark law of other countries.
World Intellectual Property Organization
Part of the United Nations and perhaps the most influential international IP organization.
Virginia’s Law Schools and Its IP Law Journals
- Appalachian School of Law
- George Mason University School of Law.
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William & Mary
- Regent University School of Law
- T.C. Williams School of Law at the University of Richmond
Richmond Journal of Law and Technology
- University of Virginia School of Law
Virginia Journal of Law and Technology
U.Va. School of Law
- Washington & Lee School of Law
Other Helpful Links
information on current federal legislation, provided by the Library of Congress.