Virginia Lawyer Magazine - April 2011
complete magazine (5.4 MB PDF file)
Senior Lawyers Conference
by Jack W. Burtch Jr.
Thomas Jefferson, Religious Freedom, Monticello, and the Levy Family
by Frank Overton Brown Jr.
Norvell A. Lapsley (1934–2010)
by Lawrence D. Bowers Jr. and the Honorable H. David O’Donnell
The Honorable Elliott D. Marshall (1905–1997)
by Bonnie L. Paul
- Highlights of the Virginia State Bar Council Meeting
- Solo & Small-Firm Practitioner Forum Set for May 10
- Past Presidents Honored
- Internet Scams Target Lawyers
- Judge Dohnal Honored by Criminal Law Section
- Fairfax Pro Bono Work Recognized
- In Memoriam
- Local Bar Elections
- Harrisonburg Family Law Practitioner Is Recognized for Lifetime Achievement
- Supreme Court’s Lelia Hopper Will Receive 2011 Family Law Service Award
- Gail Starling Marshall Is 2011 Powell Pro Bono Award Designee
- Washington & Lee Law Student Wins Virginia State Bar Pro Bono Award
- Retiring Legal Aid Director Gives $100,000, Launches Fundraising Campaign
- Kinser Is Virginia’s New Chief Justice
- Judicial Changes
- From Law School to Practice to the Bench, Chesterfield Judges Travel the Path Together
Bill Dickinson of Sky Noir Photography photographed the Spottswood W. Robinson III and Robert R. Merhige Jr. Federal Courthouse in Richmond, which appeared on the cover of the February 2011 issue of Virginia Lawyer. His photo credit was omitted from the photo description on page 3.
The name of Virginia Governor Robert F. McDonnell was misspelled in the President’s Message of the February 2011 issue. Virginia Lawyer regrets the error.