December 01, 2011
Virginia State Bar E-News, December 2011
VSB Members: To have the monthly VSB E-News delivered to your in-box, please go to the member login to verify your e-mail address and select E-News.
- The Standing Committee on Lawyer Discipline is making its annual call for nominations for district committee vacancies to be filled by Council in June 2011. Please review qualifications for eligibility.
- A proposed LEO addresses whether a criminal defense lawyer may disclose information to a government lawyer after a former client makes a claim of ineffective assistance of counsel. To weigh in, go to LEO 1859.
- The new one-click printing option for the Professional Guidelines is now available at http://www.vsb.org/pro-guidelines/index.php.
- Do you want to stay on top of criminal law developments and issues? The forty-second annual Criminal Law Seminar, sponsored by the VSB Criminal Law Section and Virginia CLE®, is scheduled for February 3 in Williamsburg and February 10 in Charlottesville. Approved 6.5 MCLE credits (1 ethics). Register online now.
- Employers will be able to interview first- and second-year students for summer 2012 positions, and May 2012 graduates for entry-level attorney positions. Employer registration deadline for the tenth annual Government and Public Interest Interview Program is January 11, 2012.
- The twentieth annual Law in Society essay competition for high school students explores the legal complications of cyberbullying. The deadline is February 15, 2012.
- Consider making a tax-deductible donation to the Virginia Law Foundation, Lawyers Helping Lawyers, Legal Services Corporation of Virginia, or your local legal aid or bar foundation before the end of the year.