Free Malpractice Prevention Hotline
Powered by ALPS
For new and seasoned Virginia lawyers with concerns or questions about the day-to-day practice of law.
John J. Brandt, Esquire
Note new phone number effective 11/24/14: (703) 281-2600 x101
Do you have questions related to risk management within your practice?
Did you know that the Virginia State Bar provides a free and confidential risk management hotline as one of its benefits to members?
The Malpractice Prevention Hotline is operated by John J. Brandt, a Virginia trial attorney with 50 years in the profession.
John J. Brandt operates a confidential telephone hotline attorney consultation service for all members of the VSB, free of charge. He is a Virginia trial lawyer with over 50 years experience.
Mr. Brandt is with Nolan & Mroz, PLC in Dunn Loring (Fairfax County) VA. Mr. Brandt represents physicians, lawyers and government officials. He has been in law practice in Virginia since 1963 and holds both a JD (1961) and an LL.M. (1962) from the Georgetown University Law School.
He is a Fellow of the renowned American College of Trial Lawyers and has lectured extensively at continuing legal education seminars.
Mr. Brandt will answer your questions which may minimize the risk of your being sued for malpractice or receiving a bar complaint. There are no limits to the topics you can discuss with him, including:
- Starting a law practice
- Obtaining legal malpractice insurance
- Fee arrangements
- Types of ownership entities, i.e., sole proprietorship and limited liability co.
- Sharing office space
- Leaving law practice (and either joining another firm or retiring)
- Substantive/procedural legal questions dealing with transactional, trial and appellate issues.
- Dealing with a difficult client
- Withdrawing from representation
- Fee disputes
- For more information, visit Mr. Brandt's helpful hints in law practice
If you have a legal ethics question, please email the VSB Ethics Hotline.Updated: Dec 19, 2014