Professional Development Series
The Professional Development Series is a weekly podcast series devoted to our newly sworn in attorneys and young lawyers. The PDS will present programs bringing basic skills training, introducing the business of the law, educating on mental health issues, and showcasing long term career options. Programs will come from a variety of sources locally and from around the country. If you are interested in contributing content, contact Chris Fortier at email@example.com.
How to Be a Star Contributor
Please register for YLC Professional Development Workshop Series:
How to Be a Star Contributor on April 14, 2015 1:00 PM EDT at:
The VSB Young Lawyer Conference is pleased to offer "How to Be a Star Contributor", the third program in our Professional Development Workshop Series. Join leadership and development coach Lyzette Wallace for this interactive workshop, which will include, without limitation, concepts related to:
1. Defining excellence (what qualities comprise excellent work product);
2. Customizing your approach and workstyle to support and complement your client?s needs and work style;
3. Building a reputation for excellence;
4. Becoming indispensable to the attorneys you support;
5. Core principles to building thriving relationships with senior attorneys and support staff (e.g., managing up, setting expectations and boundaries, etc.);
6. Effective strategies for working (and winning) with difficult people; and
7. Changing perceptions (how to repair your reputation if you make a misstep).
This program has been submitted for 1.5 hours of MCLE credit. Please register for our webinar that will take place on Tuesday, April 14, 2015 from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
Future Programs in the Series include:
Building Healthy Internal Customer Relationships [Seminar], June 9, 2015
Professionalism [Webinar], July 21, 2013
Finding a Career Champion [Seminar], September 1, 2015
Requesting and Receiving Feedback: Using Your Review to Create a Strategy for Success [Seminar], October 13, 2015
The Anatomy of a Law Firm and Your Profitability Number [Webinar], Date TBD
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Enjoy past broadcasts of the Professional Development Series by topic area. If you have trouble accessing a past broadcast or have any questions about the series, contact Chris Fortier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Business of Law
Physical and Mental Health
Programming comes from the VSB Young Lawyers Conference, the American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, and other sources with their permission.