Attorney Resources - Publications
- Senior Lawyer News newsletters
If you would like to present a Senior Citizen's Law Day program in your locality, there is a blueprint available for your use. If you would like to see samples of past programs, please contact the SLC liaison at (804) 775-0576.
- Virginia Advance Directives and Health Care Decision Making
Twenty questions and answers about advance medical directives, health care power-of-attorney, living wills and other topical issues. The Health Care Decision Making pamphlet is produced by the Virginia State Bar.
- Senior Citizen's Handbook
A resource for seniors, their families, and their caregivers to provide an overview of and contact information for opportunities and choices facing senior citizens today, with a summary of how specific laws affect Virginia's elder citizens and practical advice on issues such as Medicaid, Alzheimer’s Disease, landlord-tenant relations, and much more. There is also an extensive list of community-service organizations that detail the various services available to senior citizens.
- Wills in Virginia
Offering straightforward and basic answers to questions about wills under Virginia law, this pamphlet explains the necessity of having a will, how a will is created, and how to make it legally binding. The Wills in Virginia pamphlet is produced by the Virginia State Bar.
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Proceedings Regarding Incapacitated Adults This handbook, originally prepared by the Senior Lawyers Conference in 2006, and updated in 2015 by the Department of Judicial Services, is available as a pdf document at no charge through the Office of the Executive Secretary of the Virginia Supreme Court.
- Virginia Lawyer magazine
Senior Lawyer Dedicated Issues:
- June/July 2013
- April 2012
- April 2011
- April 2010
- April 2009
- April 2008
- April 2007
- April 2006
- April 2005
- December 2003
- October 2002
- December 2000
- Agreement for Attorney at Law Regarding Law Practice (pdf)
- Last Will and Testament Provision Appointing Attorney at Law as Executor to Deal with Law Practice (pdf)
- Durable Special Power of Attorney (pdf)
- Checklist for Closing a Law Practice (pdf)
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Proceedings Regarding Incapacitated Adults (pdf)