Conference of Local Bar Associations
Nancy M. Reed, chair
In July 2011, the Conference of Local Bar Associations had 118 local and specialty bar associations represented by conference representatives.
Bar Leader’s Institutes and Solo and Small Firm Practitioner Forums
This year’s Solo & Small-Firm Practitioner Forums were presented at the Eastern Shore Community College in Melfa on November 1, 2010, and at the Darden School of Business, University of Virginia, in Charlottesville on May 10, 2011. In Melfa 48 of the approximately 55 practicing attorneys on the Eastern Shore attended the program. In Charlottesville there were 209 attendees. Bar Leaders Institutes were held October 22, 2010, at the Roanoke Higher Education Center and March 7, 2011, at the University of Richmond School of Law. Judge G. Steven Agee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit was the keynote speaker in Roanoke, and retired Virginia circuit judge J. Samuel Johnston Jr. was the keynote speaker in Richmond.
Fourteen Awards of Merit and Certificates of Achievement were presented to twelve local, specialty, and statewide bars. Tracy Ann Houck and Andrea L. Bridgeman were named Local Bar Leaders of the Year.
So You’re 18 will be updated, reprinted, and ready for distribution in fall 2011.
2011-12 CLBA Executive Committee members:
- Chair: Edward L. Weiner — Fairfax Bar Association
- Chair?elect: P. George Eliades II — Hopewell Bar Association
- Secretary: Eugene M. Elliott Jr. — Roanoke Bar Association
- Treasurer: Mary M. Benzinger — Arlington County Bar Association
- Past Chair: Nancy M. Reed — Page County Bar Association
- At?Large: Timothy Sean Brunick — Virginia Beach Bar Association
- At?Large: Jack W. Burtch Jr. — Bar Association of the City of Richmond
- At?Large: Vanessa L. Jones — Metropolitan Richmond Women’s Bar Association
- At?Large: Petula C.A. Metzler — Prince William County Bar Association
- At?Large: Juan A. Milanes — Hispanic Bar Association of Virginia
- At?Large: Chuong D. Nguyen — Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Virginia
- At?Large: George W. Nolley — Campbell County Bar Association
- At?Large: Renae R. Patrick — Virginia Women Attorneys Association, Loudoun Chapter
- At?Large: Barbara S. Williams — Winchester?Frederick County Bar Association
Updated: Jul 25, 2011