BEFORE THE VIRGINIA STATE BAR DISCIPLINARY BOARD
CONSENT TO REVOCATION OF LICENSE TO PRACTICE LAW
TO THE HONORABLE MEMBERS OF THE VIRGINIA STATE BAR DISCIPLINARY BOARD:
Your Affiant, WILLIAM J. DOUGHERTY, JR., first being duly sworn, upon his oath does respectfully represent unto the Disciplinary Board the following:
1. That he was licensed by the Board of Law Examiners on September 27, 1979 to practice law in the courts of the Commonwealth, and that he did on September 27, 1979 qualify before the Supreme Court of Virginia.
2. That this consent is freely and voluntarily tendered by him pursuant to Part 6, Section IV, Paragraph 13(L) of the Rules of the Supreme Court of Virginia, that he is not being subjected to coercion or duress, and that he is fully aware of the implications of consenting to Revocation.
3. That he is aware that there are proceedings currently pending involving allegations of Misconduct (VSB Docket Numbers 02-000-1411), specifically, his convictions of eight counts of aiding in the preparation of false tax returns, a felony, in violation of 26 United States Code, Section 7206 (2), which convictions have become final.
4. That the material facts upon which the allegations of Misconduct are predicated are true; and,
5. That he submits this consent to Revocation because he knows that if disciplinary Proceedings based on the alleged Misconduct were brought or prosecuted to a conclusion, he could not successfully defend them.
In accordance with Paragraph 13(L)(2), the admissions offered in this affidavit consenting to Revocation shall not be deemed an admission in any proceeding except one relating to the status of this attorney as a member of a bar.
WHEREFORE, your Affiant respectfully requests that he be allowed to consent to the Revocation of his license to practice law before this Honorable Board and before all other courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia; that his name be stricken from the roles of attorneys qualified to
practice law in the Commonwealth of Virginia; and that such orders and decrees as may be necessary
or required in this regard may be entered.
GIVEN under her hand this __________ day of ___________________, ________________.
WILLIAM J. DOUGHERTY, JR.
STATE OF VIRGINIA
City/County of ________________, to wit:
I, _________________________________, a Notary Public in and for the city/county and state aforesaid, whose notarial commission expires on the ____ day of _________________, 20____, do hereby certify that WILLIAM J. DOUGHERTY, JR., personally known to me, appeared before me on this _______ day of ____________________, 20______, and was by me duly sworn and thereupon executed in my presence and acknowledged to me the truth and voluntariness of the foregoing Affidavit and Oath.
GIVEN under my hand this ________ day of _____________________, 20_______.
My commission expires the _____________ day of _______________, _____________.